What We Do
The Great Plains Landscape Conservation Cooperative (GPLCC) is a partnership that provides applied science and decision support tools to assist natural resource managers to conserve plant, fish and wildlife in the mid- and short-grass prairie of the southern Great Plains. It is part of a national network of public-private partnerships—known as Landscape Conservation Cooperatives (LCCs)—that work collaboratively across jurisdictions and political boundaries to leverage resources and share science capacity. The Great Plains LCC identifies science priorities for the region and helps foster science that addresses these priorities, thus supporting wildlife conservation efforts throughout the Great Plains. It also assists partners in building their own capacity to address scientific challenges associated with our rapidly changing environment.
Check out our 2013 Annual Report.
We have just released a new Focus Group Report aimed at “understanding landowner attitudes, opinions, and willingness to participate in playa conservation”! D. J. Case & Associates produced the report and conducted the focus groups, with assistance from our Joint Venture partners, Playa Lakes Joint Venture and Rainwater Basin Joint Venture.
Check out a summary of this project.
Science Webinar Series
The Great Plains LCC hosts a monthly Science Webinar Series featuring GPLCC sponsored research as well as other science topics related to landscape conservation throughout the region. Our next webinar will be February 11, 2015. Find out more.
- Marsh-Mathews: Historic and Current Habitat Use by Arkansas River Shiner in the South Canadian River in Central Oklahoma as Affected by River Flow: Predictions for Habitat Under Future Climate Scenarios
- Gido: Conservation Priorities for Great Plains Fish Communities Based on Riverscape Connectivity and Genetic Integrity of Populations
- Range-wide Lesser Prairie-Chicken Management Plan Development
- Range-wide Lesser Prairie-Chicken Spatial Targeting Tool for Conservation Delivery
- Range-wide Lesser Prairie-Chicken meeting facilitation, coordination and literature review
Range-wide Population Estimation and Monitoring for Lesser Prairie-Chickens: Sampling Design and Pilot Implementation
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up to receive news, announcements and updates about GPLCC activities. Subscribe to our newsletter…